Vacancy: Investment Analyst
Job Title: Investment Analyst
Position Reports to: CEO
Position Supervises: None
Location: REAN Secretariat, Abuja, Nigeria
Start Date: February 2023
The Renewable Energy Association of Nigeria (REAN) is an industry association of renewable energy professionals, that is dedicated to promoting the growth and development of the sector in Nigeria by engaging with the public and private sectors to guide advocacy, policy formulation, awareness creation and facilitating investment into the sector.
Our association is facilitating access to finance and investment for its members and now seeks to engage an investment analyst to support its current team. The Investment Analyst will ensure the competitiveness of the REAN and its members by devising financial strategies and investment plans that are best suited for the renewable energy sector.
The job holder’s duties and responsibilities are outlined as follows:
- Perform financial due diligence and analysis on prospective projects for REAN and its members and recommend an investment decision.
- Review investment proposals and business cases submitted by REAN members and provide necessary feedback in line with investors outlined due diligence criteria.
- Develop an investment policy aligned with the company strategy and an investment criterion for evaluating prospective projects.
- Create financial models that enhance return on investment for projects and financial planning.
- Preparation of financial documents for presentation to potential and current investors on specific investments- bank applications, information memoranda and prospectus.
- Analyze REAN and its member’s company accounts and financial projections and advise appropriately.
- Provide updates on financial markets activities and opportunities as it relates to the renewable energy sector in order to rightly position REAN to local and global investment opportunities.
- Liaising with fund managers, company managers, and regulators with a view to expanding funding access while improving market perception.
- Manage implementation of grants.
- Participating in the financial briefing provided by investment managers and analysts internally and externally.
- Maintain up-to-date information on the latest economic trend in the country, latest and any updates in the financial markets.
- Ensuring that all investment compliance regulations are met.
- Contribute to proposal writing and program concepts.
- Write and manage investing /funding-related calls for expression of interest.
- Train and build the capacity of members on investment and proposal development.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by your supervisor.
The job holder must possess:
- Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in business or commerce. A master’s degree in business or finance will be an added advantage.
- A CFA level certification or at an advanced stage of completion.
- Knowledge of the renewable energy sector will be an added advantage.
- At least 7-10 years of experience in the field of finance and Management. Experience in an investment bank or managing donor-related funds would be an added advantage.
- Should have previous experience managing tenders and calls for expression of interest.
- Should possess business planning skills including financial modelling and budgeting.
- Experience in due diligence profiling.
- Should have a proven ability to achieve and surpass targets.
- Must demonstrate skills in communication, negotiation and presentation.
Interested applicants should send their resume and cover letter as a single document stating their salary expectation to: email@example.com by 20th February 2023.
Contact person: Salamatu Baba, Chief Executive Officer, Renewable Energy Association of Nigeria.